1) DIR() returns error rather than null string, so trap it
2) rg.Find Searchformat named argument not found Same for ReplaceFormat
3) rg.Autofilter Help says
“If you omit all the arguments, this method simply toggles the display of the AutoFilter drop-down arrows in the specified range.” Actually have to use worksheet.autofiltermode=false
4) References MISSING on Mac
Microsoft Scripting Runtime
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library
Microsoft ADO Ext 2.8 for DDL and Security
I changed to late binding.
5) missing object iRibbonControl
6) Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) not available
FileDialog does not exist, see Ron’s site for applescript equivalent.
7) shp.TextFrame2.TextRange.Characters.Text = “..” -> argument not optional
need to specify Characters(1,100) or whatever
8 ) Workbooks.open Local:=true named argument not found
Help web site doc on .Open is on RecentFile object, not Workbooks.
9) in QueryTables.Add
.PreserveFormatting not found
10) GetSetting raises error 5 if key is not found, rather than returning nothing
11) UserForms cannot be modeless
12) GetSaveAsFilename on a Mac the filefilter is not working
13) CreatePivotTable does not allow xlPivotTableVersion10
14) Saveas FileFormat constants are 1 higher than Excel 2007. Best to use the xl* constants
15) I can’t see any UI way to sort a pivot table column by values.
Range.sort always raises an error when sorting pivottable data but sorts anyway.
RTE 1004 The specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type
or Application-defined or Object-defined error
Recorded Sort macro gets
which will not run – it needs SORT before the first bracket.
That sorts a pivottable without throwing an error.
16) Powerpoint does not support shapes.pastespecial but it’s in the UI
If I try .Paste I get msg in Excel “…xlsx is already open reopening will cause any changes you made to be discarded” even though all I did in Excel was a copypicture. In fact the whole content is in the clipboard.
That’s enough for now!